WHY CONSIDER (BHRT) BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY?
Hormones are some of the most important molecules that we have in our body and are responsible for making our body function at its peak. As we age and deal with stress and the toxins in our environment, many people become hormone deficient, and therefore their performance declines and aging sets in. Indeed, we now believe that most chronic illnesses can be directly linked to lifestyle, diet, and loss of hormone balance. The good news is that now we have the ability and knowledge to measure and treat hormone deficiencies and restore a person’s hormonal levels to that of a young person, bringing with it a new vitality, sense of well being, and ability to fight the processes that lead to aging and chronic illness.
BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
We know that both men and women make the same hormones, just in different amounts and so how you treat people must be tailored to not only your sex but also to the individual person as needs will vary person to person.
Current traditional medicine still seems to be focused on reactive treatment once an illness occurs but does very little to prevent the onset of that illness in the first place, and not enough concern is given to what the side effects of the medicines given for chronic illnesses are on the body. Many deplete or affect essential vitamins and minerals, which in turn can impact the body directly or through decreased function of your hormones. Don’t get me wrong, traditional medical practices remain essential in maintaining good health, but we now have the ability to move beyond reactive medicine and into proactive preventive medicine, maintaining a vital essence into our advanced years.
As a Physician Board Certified in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine and in OB/GYN, my goal is to restore those hormonal levels to the same level you had as a young person, but to do so in a responsible way and using sound medical practices by measuring accurately what that individuals real needs are, prescribing high quality, appropriate hormone therapy and then maintaining vigilant follow up. It is important to know that the hormones need to be balanced to be safe. In estrogen replacement for example there are 5 different estrogens that must be balanced within a woman’s body, and commercial products only utilize one type and therefore their use will lead to an estrogen imbalance which can be dangerous for the patient. The days of just prescribing a patient some estrogen and seeing them in a year are long gone.
I now use only bioidentical hormone replacement therapy for treatment of my patients. That means the hormones I use are identical in chemical structure to the ones that your body has always used. Numerous studies have shown that using synthetic hormones may cause or stimulate cancers and when one looks at how hormones work, are synthesized and then degraded within the body, it is not surprising. The body really does not know what a synthetic hormone (like Premarin ® or Provera®) is and does not have the ability to properly utilize it or very importantly, to remove it in a timely fashion from the body. With use of bio-identical hormones the body recognizes the hormone, is able to get maximum benefit from it, and when it has served its purpose, to degrade and remove it from the body quickly, just like it did when you were young. Many studies have now shown that use of bio-identical hormones may actually be protective against cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and many other chronic illnesses.
The following are just a few of the benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy:
For Women: Bio-identical Hormone Therapy can:
• Helps restore optimal hormonal balance to the body
• Menopause symptoms may go away
• Helps restore bone density and reduces the risk of Osteoporosis
• Reduces vaginal dryness
• Helps eliminate hot flashes
• May help improve sleep patterns
• May help reduce the risk of heart disease
• Supports muscle strength and maintenance
• May help improve memory and concentration
• May help slow down the aging process overall
• May help improve healthy cholesterol levels
• May help enhance sex drive and libido
• Can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
• Helps reduce night sweats
• Helps restore normal sleep patterns
• Provides balanced state for healthy fat-burning due to increased lean muscle mass
• May increases stamina, energy and endurance
• May help protect against Fibrocystic Breasts
• May help reduce endometrial and breast cancer
• May help with Depression
• Helps improve blood flow
• May help decrease inflammation and joint pain
• May help improve skin elasticity
• May help normalize blood sugar levels
• Supports immune function
• May help increase productivity and creativity in personal life
For Men: Bio-identical Hormone Therapy can:
• Helps restore optimal hormonal balance to the body
• May help men regain vitality
• May help improve blood flow
• May help increase lean muscle mass and tone
• May help improve libido and sexual performance
• May more effectively treat hypogonadism
• May stimulate sperm production
• May help increase energy levels
• May help improve concentration and memory
• May help reduce Depression
• Nourishes all tissues of urinary and reproductive system
• May help protect against heart disease
• May improve skin elasticity
• Encourages bone growth and improves bone density
• Helps accelerate fat burning
• Helps improve natural sleep cycles
• Helps maintain muscle mass
I utilize state of the art pharmacies that custom compound these and other medicines in order to have your hormones individually tailored to your blood chemistry and hormones levels. If you want to improve your vitality, combat disease, and improve your quality of life, then BHRT is for you.